WHY CHOOSE GEELONG SCHOOL OF DANCE?
All students & families are important to us at GSOD. To ensure the best most positive and encouraging teaching environment GSOD has a modern and creative program.
To ensure each and every student is provided with the best dance education, GSOD limits class numbers in all of its classes to ensure an optimal teaching environment. The Principal of Geelong School of Dance Miss Emily prides herself in a commitment to teach all classes throughout the year to ensure students needs are continuously being met to the high standards of our program.
Geelong School of Dance performs at Geelong community events and has many performance opportunities for all age groups including our end of year concert... Our Annual Concert is held at GPAC - Geelong Performing Arts Centre. Geelong School of Dance prides on quality, positive, fun and encouraging dance classes to all our students.
Top 6 reasons to enrol at Geelong School of Dance:
1. We pride on our capped class numbers whether you take 1 or 4 classes a week you will feel apart of the GSOD family.
2. Professional, spacious, vibrant studio venue.
3. Be part of a encouraging dance family where you can socialise, have fun and meet new friends.
4. Our teachers are caring and encouraging who work with every student to accomplish their goals, delivering quality dance training that inspires, develops and nurtures artistic expression in a fun, positive and non competitive environment.
5. No stress of competitions or exams, receive the best dance education recreationally.
6. Many performance opportunities including End of Year Concert and a Mid Year Showcase.
* 3 dance studios
* Dance mirrors
* professional tarkett dance floor
* Comfortable waiting room
* Change room facilities
* Bathroom / Toilets
* Private car park
* Ample street Parking
Our Statement of
Commitment to Child Safety.
- Our organisation is committed to child safety.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust
- policies and procedures.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
- Our organisation has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers.
- Our organisation is committed to regularly talking about and training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the
- cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these
- We are aware of the inherent risks associated with dance schools and we continue to evaluate these risks and implement solutions to keep
- our young people safe
- We are committed to providing an environment where all young people feel valued and can learn in a supportive atmosphere regardless of
- their skill level
- We are committed to employing teachers that uphold these values.
- We lead on child safety from the top. Studio owners and key management staff all uphold and practice child safety and are on hand to support
- others in the organisation.
- Whilst we believe that discipline is important in the dance training industry, this does not involve yelling in a demeaning manner or isolating,
- threatening, bullying or victimising students.
- Each teacher will have very clear expectations for behaviour in class and this will be communicated directly to students, whilst all students are
- expected to comply with these expectations, we must all agree that they are fair and just.
- Parents are an important part of our dance community and should always feel their children are safe. We expect all parents and carers to
- uphold the child safe standards and code of conduct.
- Our policies are well communicated to all staff, volunteers, children, families and members of the community.
- We are committed to the holistic development of the children in our care and endeavour to incorporate discussions, workshops, displays and
- good teaching practice on health and wellbeing. This includes physical, mental and emotional health
- We have zero tolerance of bullying and regularly work with our staff, teachers and students to ensure this is embedded in our culture.
- We have stringent anti bullying policies in place to support our commitment to child safety.
- We are committed to continually improving our facilities to ensure the safety of our children and young people and to remove all risks of child
Child Safe Standards in all Victorian Dance Schools are now compulsory by Law.
We are proud to say that we have undertaken and completed "Keep Kids Safe In Dance Training" provided By Jackie Scott.
It is so imperative when looking for a dance school or any activity involving children that you choose an organasation or studio that is Child Safe & is compliant with the child safety guidelines.
Emily Bradley - Director & Principal
Geelong School of Dance
WHAT ARE GSOD FAMILIES SAYING?
*Best Dance School, amazing teacher! My daughter loves going!
*This will be my daughters 3rd year of dancing and she still loves it as much as the day she started, Miss Emily is amazing with her students taking the time to get to know them and her patients is out of this world. My little girl wants to keep dancing until "she is a big girl like Miss Emily"
*This year will be my daughters third year and my two sons are enrolling into the new boys group this year super excited highly recommended ❤️
*My daughter is returning for her third year, her confidence is growing with each year ending... Miss Em is an amazing & extremely patient teacher...
*My 3 yr old is loving it. This will be her 2nd year and she is so excited to start dancing with miss em again she asks everyday when she gets to go dance
*Emily is great and has so much patience for the toddlers :) love going each week
*Fantastic dance school. Miss Em is a great teacher
*Loving this dance school! So much fun learning! Thanks Miss Em!!!
*You're an amazing teacher, can never thank you enough for the confidence you instil
Could not recommend this school any higher. We have had a wonderful experience and the level of professionalism and lovely teachers are wonderful